Who am I?
Interests & Hobbies:
- I am a music teacher
- Music is my life, my passion and my hobby
- I have been performing as a professional musician for over 30 years
- I have extensive teaching experience over 25 years, both privately and at a tertiary level
- I am also a composer of music
- Teaching needs to be enjoyable for both the teacher and the students
- Engaging with the students, encouraging students to contribute with ideas and questions
- Understanding the ability levels of each student
- Creating engaging lesson content based upon current curriculum standards and criteria
- I believe that the world is a better place because of cultural art forms such as Music; music spans all cultures and is a universal language.
- I believe in a safe, healthy and sustainable music learning experience for all students.
- Skilled classroom and instrumental music educator with qualifications in music performance and music composition. With over 20 years of Professional Classical Musician experience as the Principal Horn of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra I have developed a diligent and professional approach to performing at the highest level.
- I have implemented successful teaching and practise regimes to enhance students ability to progress whilst imparting a strong enjoyment of performing.
- My many years as professional orchestral musician has prepared me with the qualities of organisation, team work, diligence and excellence.
- I have performed with some of the worlds greatest conductors and musicians
- My performance/expertise experience falls into 4 categories:
- Orchestral/ensemble musician
- Soloist - Recitals, orchestral concertos
- Tutor - for youth ensembles such as: The Adelaide Youth Orchestra, Australian Youth Orchestra and Undergraduate/postgraduate students
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate in Advanced Music
- Diploma in Music Performance
- Masters in Music Composition
- Certificate IV in WHS
- 1991 - 2014: Section Leader/Principal Horn of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
- 1988-1991: Associate Principal Horn of State Orchestra of Victoria
- 1991-2012: Lecturer in Horn, Elder Conservatorium, University of Adelaide
- 2016 - Music Teacher, Windsor Gardens Secondary College
Interests & Hobbies:
- Painting/water colours
- Music Composition
- Studying Graduate Diploma in Education, University of Adelaide
- First Professional Experience Placement: Mark Oliphant College; teaching years 10-12 COMPLETED
- Second Professional Experience Placement: Brighton Secondary School; teaching years 8-10 COMPLETED
- 2016, Music Classroom Teacher, Windsor Gardens Secondary College